The Gray House relies on volunteers to fulfill our mission. In an average week, 50 individuals volunteer their time sorting and distributing goods in the Market, supporting adult learners and spending time with the children in Kids’ Club.
In addition to the below weekly opportunities, individuals and groups volunteer for one-day and short-term projects such as painting, yard clean-ups, fundraising events and food drives. Between November to December, The Gray House will also have opportunities to help with our Thanksgiving food sorting and distribution as well as with our Christmas gift drive helping to sort, bag and deliver Christmas gifts.
**Please note, an application is not needed for holiday or one-time opportunities.
- Assist English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) students and basic literacy students
- Commitment: Minimum of 1.5 hours per week for 12 weeks during the academic year
- Classes occur during the daytime
- Training is provided and required
- Advertisement for AE Volunteers
- Assist children in grades 2 through 5 with homework and various interactive activities
- After school commitment: minimum of 2.5 hours per week for 8 weeks. Any day Monday through Thursday between 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. during the academic year.
- Summer commitment: minimum of 5 hours per week for 4 weeks (July 8-Aug 2) 8:15 a.m to 4:00 p.m.
- Volunteers must be at least 15 years of age and have prior experience working with children
- Must pass background check and complete fingerprinting ($35) prior to volunteering. To get started, please complete the Background Record Check Form and submit along with a govt. issued photo ID to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 413-731-0084.
- Sort, pack and distribute food
- Must be able to lift at least 10 lbs
- Commitment: Minimum of 2 hours per week between 12pm-3pm on Wednesdays, 8:30am – 1:15pm on Thursdays or 3pm-6:15pm on the second or fourth Fridays of the month
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred for Thursdays and Fridays
- Pick up donated food from Aldi’s on Boston Road in Springfield
For more information on current volunteer opportunities, please call The Gray House at 413.734.6696 or email email@example.com
In the event that you do not receive an email reply to your message within 2 business days, please check your spam folder or call us at 413-734-6696 to speak with a staff member.