The Gray House relies on volunteers to fulfill our mission. In an average week, 50 individuals volunteer their time sorting and distributing goods in the Food Pantry, tutoring adult learners and spending time with the children in Kids’ Club.
In addition to these weekly opportunities, individuals and groups volunteer for one-day and short-term projects such as painting, yard clean-ups, fundraising events and food drives.
- Sort, pack and distribute food
- Must be able to lift at least 10 lbs
- Commitment: Minimum of 2 hours per week, 8:30am – 1:15pm on Thursdays
- Billingual preferred
- Pick up donated food from Aldi’s on Boston Road in Springfield
- Tutor English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) students and basic literacy students
- Commitment: 1.5 to 3 hours any day Monday through Thursday between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. during the academic year or Wednesdays from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Holy Name Social Center.
- Tutor training is available
- Assist children in grades 2 through 5 with homework and various interactive activities
- Commitment: 2.5 hours any day Monday through Thursday between 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. during the academic year, or 8:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m. for the Summer Program
- Must pass background check prior to volunteering. Please complete the background check form and submit back to email@example.com or fax to 413-731-0084.
For more information on current volunteer opportunities, please call The Gray House at 413.734.6696 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event that you do not receive an email reply to your message within 2 business days, please check your spam folder or call us at 413-734-6696 to speak with a staff member.