*Due to COVID-19, our volunteer needs and capacity are constantly changing. Although we do our best to keep the below information up to date, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (413) 734-6696 before completing an application to learn more about the current volunteer opportunities available.
The Gray House relies on volunteers to fulfill our mission. In an average week, 50 individuals volunteer their time sorting and distributing goods in the Market, supporting adult learners and spending time with the children in Kids’ Club. To meet some of our current volunteers, visit our volunteer spotlight.
In addition to the below weekly opportunities, individuals and groups volunteer for one-day and short-term projects such as painting, yard clean-ups, fundraising events and food drives. Between November to December, The Gray House will also have opportunities to help with our Thanksgiving food sorting and distribution as well as with our Christmas gift drive helping to sort, bag and deliver Christmas gifts.
- Assist literacy and beginner-level English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) students
- Facilitate English Conversation Circles
- Commitment: Minimum of 1.5 hours per week for 12 weeks during the academic year
- Volunteer on-site or remotely with flexible scheduling!
- Training is provided and required
- Volunteer Instructor Tutor Code of Conduct
- Sort, pack and distribute food
- Must be able to lift at least 10 lbs
- Minimum commitment of 2.5 hours per week between:
- Wednesdays: 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Wednesdays
- Thursdays: 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. or 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.on
- Second and fourth Fridays of the month from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred for Thursdays and Fridays
- Pick up donated food from Aldi's on Boston Road in Springfield
- Assist children in grades 2 through 5 with homework and various interactive activities
- After school commitment: minimum of 2.5 hours per week for 8 weeks. Any day Monday through Thursday between 4:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. during the academic year.
- Summer commitment: minimum of 5 hours per week for 4 weeks from 8:15 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Volunteers must be at least 15 years of age and have prior experience working with children
- On-site volunteers must pass a background check and complete fingerprinting ($35) prior to volunteering. To get started, please complete the Background Record Check Form and submit along with a govt. issued photo ID to email@example.com or fax to 413-731-0084.
For more information on current volunteer opportunities, please call The Gray House at 413.734.6696 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event that you do not receive an email reply to your message within 2 business days, please check your spam folder or call us at 413-734-6696 to speak with a staff member.